Test Measurement and Control >> Data Acquisition System
Data acquisition systems (DAQs) gather information from one or more signal inputs or sensor sources and process this information for further analysis. These data acquisition systems are mainly means for monitoring and regulating manufacturing processes and systems.
Sensors or Transducers ---->
DAQ Hardware ---->
PC or data logging device
Data acquisition systems are consisting of three main components as shown in diagram above
- Sensors or Transducers: Transducers sense physical phenomena and produce electrical signals that the DAQ system measures.
- DAQ Hardware: PC-based data acquisition products offer analog input, analog output, digital I/O, or a combination of these capabilities in a board, card, or module that is designed to interface with a personal computer.
- PC: The final component of data acquisition systems is a computer that communicates with the DAQ hardware, to collect what information has been measured, display acquired data; Compute it if required, and report generation and data storage can be included in software.
By combining the computational power of the PC with one or more data acquisition boards, cards, or modules, a powerful system can be created.
Application software can be developed to acquire i/p data , process it, generate report and save data on local computer or distributed system.
PC-based data acquisition products offer analog input, analog output, digital I/O, or a combination of these capabilities in a board, card, or module that is designed to interface with a personal computer.
A PC-based data acquisition system can convert analog signals into a digital output form, which can be manipulated with software. Using software in conjunction with a personal computer, analog data can be displayed, logged, charted, graphed, or stored in memory as needed.
Stored data can later be used and compared with a set of established limits. Control decisions are made if the stored data is at the limit, above or below the limit. With repetitive measurements made by a PC-based data acquisition system, continuous monitoring and control can be performed.
Measurement Computing Corporation offers the largest selection of PC-based data acquisition and measurement products. Shop our online catalog by selecting a category above. From PCI, USB, PC/104, ISA, and PCMCIA bus boards to external systems based on USB, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 and GPIB interfaces;Measurement Computing has everything you need for your PC-based data acquisition and control applications..
Sectors we cover:
- PC-based data acquisition with support of majority of protocol
- Data acquisition with help of PCI, USB, PC/104, PCMCIA bus boards and remote devices connected to PC via serial or ethernet bus
- Low speed to high Speed data acquisition with sampling rate such of 1 M Samples/sec
- User friendly GUI
- Graphical plotting of online data
- Report generation as per user specified format
- Automatic data storage and retrieval
- Viewing and sorting of stored data with various criteria’s like date wise, shift wise etc.
- Data storage can be linked to SQL Database
- Easy interface to ERP/SAP
- Process and industrial monitoring
- Control and factory automation
- Real time information systems
- Test and measurement data logging
- Data Acquisition & Control System for Test Lab
- Data Acquisition System for PID controllers
- Data Acquisition & Control System for Furnace
- Data Acquisition System for Paperless Recorder
- Data Acquisition System for Energy Meters